Knee pain can be caused by many different factors such as ACL tear, knee capsule inflammation, osteoarthritis, sprained knee ligaments, etc (downtown Toronto chiro).
Heel and calf stretch
This stretch helps reduce tension in the calf muscle.
To do this stretch (chiro near me):
- Stand facing a wall.
- Place your hands on the wall and move one foot back as far as you can comfortably. Toes on both feet should be facing forward, heels flat, with a slight bend in your knees.
- Lean into the stretch and hold for 30 seconds. You should feel the stretch in your back leg.
- Change legs and repeat.
- Do this stretch twice for both legs.
- Lie down on the floor or mat and straighten both legs. Or, if it’s more comfortable, you can bend both knees with your feet flat on the floor.
- Lift one leg off the floor (best chiro toronto).
- Place your hands behind your thigh, but below the knee, and gently pull your knee toward your chest until you feel a slight stretch. This shouldn’t be painful.
- Hold for 30 seconds (neck pain chiro toronto).
Straight leg raises
This quadriceps as well as your hip flexor muscles. If you flex your foot at the end of the move, you should also feel your shins tighten (low back pain chiro toronto).
- Lie down on the floor with one leg bent and one leg straight out in front of you.
- Contract the quadricep of your straight leg and slowly raise it up off the floor until it’s the same height as your bent knee.
- Pause at the top for 5 seconds, then lower to the starting position
- Do 2 to 3 sets of 10 repetitions for each leg(posture correction chiro toronto).