With the warmer weather hitting the Toronto area, a lot of people are working on getting back in shape (downtown toronto chiro). Before you do that, have you thought about correcting your posture? (Neck pain toronto chiro)
READY TO FIX YOUR POSTURE???!!!!!!
- When standing: your head, shoulders, hips and ankles should line up, one comfortably above the other.
- You should bear your weight primarily on the balls of your feet (low back pain toronto chiro).
- Do not lock your knees! Keep your knees slightly bent.
- Let your arms hang naturally down the sides of your body.
- Stand straight and tall with your shoulders pulled backward.
- Keep your head level-your earlobes should be in line with your shoulders. Do not push your head forward, backward, or to the side (aka DON’T do the “text neck”).
- Shift your weight from your toes to your heels, or one foot to the other, if you have to stand for a long time (chiro near me toronto).
- Keep your feet on the floor or on a footrest, if they don’t reach the floor (neck stifness chiro toronto).
- Don’t cross your legs. Your ankles should be in front of your knees.
- Keep a small gap between the back of your knees and the front of your seat.
- Your knees should be at or below the level of your hips.
- Adjust the backrest of your chair to support your low- and mid-back or use a back support.
- Relax your shoulders and keep your forearms parallel to the ground.
- Avoid sitting in the same position for long periods of time.
- Your workstation ergonomics is also very important. Check the illustration on the right for the ideal set-up!