Headaches are very common in North American, especially among our community in Toronto. Common primary headaches types include tension, migraine, and cluster headaches. Everybody is different, every BODY is different. There are different criteria a headache must meet in order to be diagnosed. If you experience headaches that is severe, intense and sudden. Make sure you go to urgent care as soon as possible to get a clean bill of health. Generally speaking, headaches can be a sign of:
- Chronic stress. Stress and emotional anxiety are key factors that can cause headaches. Usually this will cause a tight band-like headache at the front of your head. Find ways to relief stress is a good way to help you relief your headaches.
- Bad diet. A diet full of processed carbs and sugar can causing inflammatory responses in your body causing headaches. Try to eliminate as much as white flour and sugar as possible to help you with your headaches.
- Not Enough Sleep. Sleep deprivation can cause headaches in a lot of people. The average adult should get between 7 to 8 hours of sleep for your body to rest and reboot.
- Consume too much caffeine/alcohol. Caffeine and alcohol consumption can lead to dehydration. Dehydration is highly correlated to headaches. Make sure that you are drinking enough water, especially on a night out, to avoid being dehydrated.
- Spinal Health Issues. Misalignments in the spine can cause improper functions nervous system thus causing fatigue, low energy and headaches. In fact, one of the most common symptoms chiropractic care treats is headache.
If you experience headaches, it is your body telling you something is off. Don’t ignore it. Get it checked out and your body will thank you for it.